Sunday, March 11, 2012

#57) Anyone remember eating at the "Building 28" Bar?

George Leiby (see Post #47) would like to know if anyone remembers the "Building 28" Bar, a favorite Librascope eating (and drinking?) place in the 1960's. Please leave a comment below, or send me an e-mail and I'll pass it on to George.
Carl


Hi Carl,

Back in the early 60's there was a local Glendale bar that, if I remember correctly, we called Building 28. They loved Librascope people, cashed our paychecks, and served a huge food conglomeration that was called "Chili Size" which consisted of, again if I remember correctly, a couple open faced hamburgers covered with chili. Their draft beer was good and I think that they gave a beer to you if you won a pinball game. Also I think they had an early home-made game of flip hockey which again, if I remember correctly, they said was a game idea they imported from their home country....Greece, Italy???

It would be great if someone out there could confirm my memories and maybe even provide a picture or two. It always fascinated me that a little old local bar would, on payday, have on-hand thousands of dollars just to cash paychecks and I don't think that they even charged a fee. Well, maybe they did.

I look forward to your Libracope Memories and appreciate the time you spend adding to and improving the site.
George Leiby

No comments:

Post a Comment