Monday, February 20, 2012

#53) A Voice From The Past - Bob Sites

The following message was recently received from Eugene "Bob" Sites, shortly after subscribing to this Blog. Bob also reports below on the passing last year of his friend and fellow Libravet Bob Lovejoy. You can contact Bob Sites at bobandjoyce454@gmail.com

Carl,
I recently came across the Librascope Memories website and really enjoyed reviewing all the old Librazettes.  My name is Eugene “Bob” Sites.  In February 1958, a few months after being discharged from the US Navy, I was hired by Carl Culver as a General Assembler Electrical at $1.47 per hour.  From there I went to an Electrical Inspector, Electrical Inspector Leadman then to Assembly Inspection foreman in 1958, working for Paul Metzger, Bill Giles and Galen Mannen.  I had a little over 10 good years at Librascope, leaving in May 1968.  During those 10 years I met my wife of 51 years, Joyce who was also a Librascope employee at that time.  After leaving Librascope in 1968 we moved to Oregon where we currently live, a few miles from beautiful Mount Hood.   I had many friends at Librascope and see that many retired from there after 25 and 35 years.  My mother, Hazel Sites, also worked there for several years for Art Steiner in the shipping and receiving area of Bldg. 17.  Also my brother-in-law, Frank Webb was an employee for many years.  I have been retired for 14 years now and I would be very interested in receiving a list of Libravets that I could get in contact with after all these years. 

I don't know how often you post information on the passing of old time Librascope employees.  I did notice your "In Memoriam", so I thought I would send the information on Bob Lovejoy.  Bob was a very good friend of mine for many years.  Bob was a 25 plus year employee of Librascope and he passed away last October 16, 2011.  He passed away in Cary, NC where he  moved after he retired to be close to his two daughters and their families.  I found Bob in the February 1991 and May 1991 Librazettes noting his 25th anniversary. Maybe there are a few Libravets who knew Bob, but were not aware of his passing.

Thank you,
Bob Sites

No comments:

Post a Comment